The deadline for all scholarship application materials is May 31st
A person who was not a U.S. Citizen at birth; A child with at least one parent who was not born in the U.S.; A member of a racial or ethnic minority including African American, American Indian, Asian American, and Hispanic American.
Recommendation letters must be emailed from a professional email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants must email all scholarship requirements to email@example.com.
ATTENDANCE AND PARTICIPATION
ALL scholarship recipients MUST attend awards event and participate in mandatory activities.
ALL APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
Liberian Awards supports the academic and professional development of college students in the Diaspora through financial scholarship and mentorship.
- High School Seniors attending US College in Fall 2018 or current college students
- Community Service or Extracurricular Experience
- Minimum GPA 3.5 for High School Seniors and 3.25 for College Students
- Leadership Traits
- Two Recommendation Letters (from non-relatives)
- College Acceptance Letter or Upcoming Class Semester Schedule
- Copy of Transcript (Official may be requested for finalists) and
- A written essay: Where will you be in the next ten years and how will your role impact the world? (Discuss how you intend to achieve your dreams and how past behavior demonstrates your ability to reach your goals).
Please email all requirements to scholarships@LiberianAwards.com. Your recommendation letters must be emailed from a professional address (Example: JBrown@Yale.edu).